Monday, November 2, 2009

Lets get it started

I've been publishing a blog now for over 5 years. A mix of personal, work and general IT advice. I haven't decided whether I will quit that blog or not but I have decided that I need an outlet that is clearly focused on the business of IT.

Why should you listen to me?
Well, first and foremost you shouldn't. Don't take my advice as gospel and do read others as well to form an informed opinion on the subject you are looking into.

As much as experience acts as a guide I've held many roles in IT: PC Support Tech, Developer, DBA, Tester, Project Manager, Consultant, Manager, Director and lastly Vice President. I've also had the great opportunity to experience many work cultures, from personal startups, mid market private and public companies to the largest software company in the world. These experiences have helped build my knowledge and understanding of IT.

Why share this stuff?
IT can be difficult for many to manage and even harder to master. Those of us in a position to help have a responsibility to help (heard/read that somewhere).

Plus I need an outlet to get this stuff off my chest.

Thanks for listening and hope it helps.

-Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment