Monday, November 23, 2009

Showing the big picture

If you are anything like me you struggle to show your customers the breadth of complexity in your IT environment without making their eyes roll into the back of their heads. So you simplify. 100,000 feet they say. My 100,000 foot level is a word: "Technology". You get under that and it starts looking like the Metro map for DC.


I've tried text powerpoint slides, picture diagrams, Visio's, you name it and some people get it and others don't.

This is a journey for sure but I'm playing with a new tool that is changing a lot about how I look at communicating the landscape and in a good way.

Take a look - www.prezi.com - follow one of their demo's and I think you will agree its definitely not your grandmother's powerpoint deck.


I've been playing with prezi for about 3 hours total (across a few days) and there is a small learning curve but once you are there it is really straightforward to use. I plan to use it at an upcoming executive roundtable. I'll post feedback from the consumers at that point.

Enjoy.

-Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment